WELCOME TO THE VIRGINIA POLICE CHIEFS FOUNDATION
Vision · Leadership · Excellence
Created by Virginia police chiefs who wanted to focus on enhancing the educational and training opportunities of law enforcement, the business community, and citizens alike, the Virginia Police Chiefs Foundation (VPCF) was established in 1993 as the charitable and educational arm of the Virginia Association of Chiefs of Police. The foundation's primary concentration is on education and training.
The VPCF offers a unique multi-tiered leadership development series to help cultivate and develop leaders at each phase of their career. All leadership education programs offered by the VPCF are pre-approved by the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for Partial In-service Credit. In addition, graduates of the ILCT and PELS program also receive Certificates of Completion from Virginia Tech and the University of Richmond.
Thank you for visiting with us. We hope you take time to view our entire web site.
VPCF News Briefs
• PELSAA 10th Annual Training - NO COST: The 10th Annual PELSAA Training will be held May 7-9, 2013, in Williamsburg, VA. The cost of this training is FREE for PELSAA Members and $50 for non-members. This training has been pre-approved by DCJS for in-service credit (3 hours legal, 2 hours cultural diversity and 4 hours career development/elective) and PIC-3 forms will be distributed at the close of training. Registration deadline is Monday, May 6, 2013; payment is NOT due until July 15, 2013. For program and registration information, please click here.
• Challenge Coins Requested for Silent Auction:
This year for our silent auction, we would like to offer a collection of LE Challenge Coins as an auction item. We would like to include as many challenge coins in this collection as possible. If you would like to contribute a coin to this collection, please send the coin to Stephanie Diaz at:
1606 Santa Rosa Rd., Ste. 134
Henrico, VA 2322
• 10th Annual Captains Choice Golf Tournament: The 10th Annual Captains Choice golf tournament will be held May 22, 2013, at the Draper Valley Golf Club in Draper, Virginia. For registration and sponsorship information, please click here.
• Institute for Leadership in Changing Times (ILCT): This program is now being held at the Roanoke City Criminal Justice Academy, and will be managed and facilitated by Dr. Sharon Scott. For more information, please click here.
• Lex T. Eckenrode Scholarship for PELS: The VPCF would like to congratulate Chief Jesse Shupe, Louisa Police Department, for being awarded the scholarship for the 31st Session of PELS. This partial scholarship is available to individuals who show leadership potential. Scholarship applications are being accepted for the 33rd Sessions of PELS and can be found here. For a list of past scholarship winners, application and scholarship information, please click here.
• PELS Graduate Leadership Award: The VPCF would like to congratulate Lieutenant Bill Cox , Prince William County Police Department, for being selected by his classmates to receive the PELS Graduate Leadership Award for the 32nd Session of PELS. To view a list of the PELS Graduate Leadership Award winners and to find out more information about this award, please click here.
• SAVE THE DATE
10th Annual PELSAA Silent Auction
-August 25-27, 2013 - Williamsburg, VA
To view older news briefs, please click here.
VPCF Training & Events Update
All leadership education and law enforcement training programs offered by the VPCF are submitted for pre-approval to the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) for Partial In-service Credit.
PELSAA 10th Annual Training - FREE TRAINING
May 7-9, 2013; Williamsburg, VA. Registration deadline is Monday, May 6, 2013. For information and registration, please click here.
First Line Supervisors Training School
May 28-30, 2013; Glen Allen, VA. Registration deadline is May 1, 2013. For more information on this training, please click here.
VACP/VPCF Annual Conference
August 25–28, 2013, Williamsburg, VA. Save the dates! For information and registration, please click here.
Professional Executive Leadership School (PELS)
Applications are being accepted for the 33rd and 34th Sessions of PELS. Application deadline for the 33rd Session is July 1, 2013; application deadline for the 34th Session is November 1, 2013. For program details and application, please click here.
Practical Media Relations for Law Enforcement
October 22-23, 2013; Glen Allen, VA. Practical Media Relations for Law Enforcement instructed by Lieutenant Colonel (Ret) Jim Vance. Registration deadline is September 20, 2013. For program information and registration, please click here.
Marketing the Law Enforcement Brand
October 24, 2013; Glen Allen, VA. This highly interactive seminar deals with practical public relations strategies for law enforcement service providers as a means of enlisting community stakeholders as full partners in the fight to provide safe, secure communities. Instructed by Lieutenant Colonel (Ret) Jim Vance. Registration deadline is September 20, 2013. For program information and registration, please click here.
-Top of Page-