• Officer Chris Yung, Prince William County Police Department, EOW: December 31, 2012. The Virginia Police Chiefs Foundation would like to express its sincere condolences to the family and friends of Officer Chris Yung and to the Prince William County Police Department. Our thoughts and prayers are with them during this difficult time. Donations in memory of Officer Yung may be sent to the Prince William County Police Department, The Office of the Chief of Police (MC475), 1 County Complex Court, Prince William, Virginia 22192. Checks should be written to "Prince William County Police Department" with "In Memory of Chris Yung" in the memo line. All funds collected will be sent to Law Enforcement United in memory of Chris Yung.
• Lex T. Eckenrode Scholarship for PELS: The VPCF would like to congratulate Lieutenant Todd Foreman, Bedford Police Department, for being awarded the scholarship for the 30th Session of PELS. This partial scholarship is available to individuals who show leadership potential. Scholarship applications are being accepted for the 32nd and 33rd Sessions of PELS. For a list of past scholarship winners, application and scholarship information, please click here.
• Trooper Andrew D. Fox, Virginia State Police, EOW: October 5, 2012. The Virginia Police Chiefs Foundation would like to express its sincere condolences to the family and friends of Trooper Andrew D. Fox and to the Virginia State Police. Our thoughts and prayers are with them during this difficult time. A memorial fund has been established by the Virginia State Police Association. Donations can be made online at www.vspa.org or by mail to: Virginia State Police Association, 6944 Forest Hill Avenue Richmond, VA 23225 (please note Trooper Fox Memorial Fund ).
• 2012 VPCF College Scholarship Program: The VPCF would like to congratulate the following individuals who were selected to receive a scholarship to attend college:
Dalton T. Byerly - $1,000.00
dependant of Sergeant Thomas L. Byerly, Staunton Police Dept.
Grayton J. Cintron - $500.00
dependant of Detective Greyton Cintron, Chesapeake Police Dept.
Dakota L. Duckworth - $1,000.00
dependant of Investigator Jeffrey Duckworth, DPOR Compliance & Investigations Div.
• Deputy Sheriff Michael C. Walizer, Charles City County Sheriff's Office, EOW: March 31, 2012. The Virginia Police Chiefs Foundation would like to express its sincere condolences to the family of Deputy Sheriff Michael C. Walizer and to the Charles City County Sheriff's Office. Our thoughts and prayers are with them during this difficult time. Deputy Sheriff Walizer is survived by his wife and four children. A memorial fund has been established through BB&T Bank for the family of Deputy Chief Walizer. Donations can be made at any BB&T branch; please let them know that your donation is in memorial of Deputy Michael Walizer.
• News Archives - 2014
• News Archives - 2013
• News Archives - 2012
• News Archives - 2011
• News Archives - 2010
• News Archives - 2009
The Virginia Police Chiefs Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities, including education policies, admissions policies, scholarships, and other programs. The following position has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the Foundation's non-discrimination policies:
1606 Santa Rosa Rd., Ste. 134
For further information on federal non-discrimination regulations, contact the Office for Civil Rights at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 421-3481.